Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I Am Getting Old - Part Four

I know that I am getting old but… For some reason and I do not have a good one other than I am insane, I looked at other “free blog sites” today. First, as my son says, there is nothing in life that is free. Some of the sites I saw have “free” accounts but are limited in what you can do with them. They conveniently give you the option to upgrade, for a price of course.

I took a chance on a couple of them, just for kicks, and setup accounts. BIG MISTAKE! I felt like I had stepped back in time to the Stone Age after using Blogger. My eyes are not as good as they once were and the color schemes on these sites were such that I had to put my face within inches of my monitor to read the menus. Even then, it was a lucky choice when I clicked on one of the words. I have not looked up the definition for the word SLOW but I am sure I know what it means and I have to say these sites are the reason that word was coined.

If I was lucky enough to get a post published, I could not find it or the blog to view. I know that I am somewhat older, but I am not stupid, I can read and I can follow instructions. After jumping through a million hoops, I finally got to where I wanted to go. When I viewed the post, my paragraphs were no longer there. There was just one great big paragraph. It took three edits to get it back to the original way I wrote it. I use Word to write my post and then copy and paste them. Maybe they hate Microsoft and Bill Gates. I cannot think of any other reason for the formatting not to hold. (I deleted those accounts because I will never do that again, I promise. Blogger please forgive me.)

I did find one site that was cool. It is a log site rather than a blog site. It was easy to use and I could actually find “my posts and poems” when they were published. My formatting held as well which was a big plus. Out of all the sites I looked at today, this was the best (after Blogger). I liked them so much I will give them a plug here. The url is
http://www.reallifelog.com . I am going to keep this account for a while, since it is different from Blogger. I have adopted a wait and see attitude about the site and if it starts to get crazy, it too will be deleted.

It is getting late and way past my bedtime, so I will end this rambling dissertation on Blogs and see what else I can find to write about tomorrow. There is always something out there.

2 comments:

Scott M. Frey said...

lol no need to feel bad about Lent, it starts tomorrow, so yer in good shape! lol
thanks for coming by!

RUTH said...

I just know I'm going to be popping back here again to read more. Thanks so much for leaving a comment and supporting our cancer campaign.