Tuesday, November 06, 2007

This Weekend

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good. Bil, my son, and Larry went to a gumbo cook off on Sunday and I had the afternoon to myself. I watched football, took a nap, and cleaned the kitchen. The kitchen was a must since Bil had cooked all Saturday night and Sunday morning. Do you know how much 6 gallons of gumbo looks like and what a mess it is to cook? Bil makes his own roux which was a requirement for the contest and then adds everything but the kitchen sink. Just kidding, he did not put the in sink. Bil and Larry are both chefs and we have terrific meals. I am not a shabby cook but leave most of that to them since we tend to eat different types of food. I have tried more new dishes in the past months than I can count. Something must have happened to my taste buds because I am eating things I never thought would pass through my lips and believe it or not, I really like the taste. We eat healthy, lots of chicken and vegetables. Grilled, baked, steamed food, or dishes cooked in the crock pot. The dish last night was spinach and mushroom lasagna with a white sauce. Yes, it was as good as it sounds.

I cannot believe it is November 6th already. It is still very warm here and is deceiving. Makes it difficult to believe our fall is almost over because it is so warm. I saw the weather forecast for the midwest, cold and snowy. Cannot say I miss it at all. Maybe at some time I will but for now I enjoy wearing shorts in November.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

I can't believe it is november already too... it's nice weather here where I am and shorts are nice in the cool weather .. not too cold yet.

Thanks for all your comments lately.. sorry I am late to come around, but I always enjoy being here and hearing from you. take care and happy toosday today :)

Jeni said...

Let me tell you - both you and Shelby - if you'd been here in PA today, you'd have believed it was Nov. 6th! Snow flurries! YUCK!

Judith said...

Gumbo and spinach and mushroom lasagna sounds heavenly. I had a great potluck dinner with some ladies tonight. Cooking is a pleasure. I love the fall.

Shadow said...

i just loooove experimenting in the kitchen. and nowadays i just scan a recipe of what i'm trying to make, then go about my own way, adding stuff or leaving others out, however i feel. this obviously doesn't work for cakes, heee heee heee.

you are waiting for the cold, here we are waiting for the heat. hubby and i were saying this morning again how it still feels a bit like winter... it should be a lot warmer by now... just the opposite to you!