Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Am Getting Old – Part Twenty-four

I am getting old because…I need peace, quite, understanding, tolerance and acceptance in my life. I wish and pray for peace for the world and all the people in the world. I pray for each of us as human beings to accept mankind and be tolerant of all people. We are all God’s children, no matter our skin color, the language we speak. I read the news each day and wonder how people can be so cruel to others and what they think gives them the right to hurt others. How on earth can one human being kill another? Do they have a conscience? Are they just evil? Are they insane? Will we ever know the answers to these questions?

Does this need for peace and understanding come with age? If so, then I wish there wish some way to instill this in us while we are still young. Perhaps the world would be a better place to live. As years pass it seems that we as a society are turning away from God and assuming an anything goes attitude. I will continue to live with understanding, tolerance and acceptance of others and hope that others around me may come to see this as a good thing and do the same.

I wrote this a couple of days ago when I was in one of those moods. That's another thing I found out. That as I get older, I get "moody". Hey, after 64 years, I am entitled.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Very true on the "entitled." Aren't we all? Your questions there mirror mine. It does boggle the bind how and why people do some of the things they do - the cruelty just seems to abound at times and like you, I just wish people could see there are so many other avenues to choose from, ones that don't require inflicting pain and sorrow on so many.

Travis Cody said...

I cruised over from Shelby's because I saw that you were a fan of Taylor Hicks.

Me too! I've been a loyal Soul Patroller since the first sound I heard at the Vegas auditions.

Shadow said...

i don't think the word 'tolerance' exists anymore. it seems that everyone is out for self-enrichment, self-gratification, self, self, self. and as a result loose compassion for those around them. it's sad!

Latharia said...

I think we all need this ... at EVERY age, we just become wise enough to REALIZE it as we age! So, kudos to you for embracing it! :D