Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Being Angry

It is okay to get angry occasionally, that is normal. What is not normal is to be angry all the time. Life is too short to be mad and angry at everyone and everything. My entire life was spent being angry and now that I let go of the anger, life is more pleasant

The amazing part is that I don’t really know what caused me to be angry or why. I blamed my mother, my upbringing and other people but after much soul searching, I only had myself to blame. I believe that somewhere early in my life I made a decision to be angry.

I read self help books, had counseling but nothing ever seemed to make sense to me and I kept on being the way I was since “I did not have a problem”. Everyone one else had the problem and if they didn’t like the way I was, so be it.

After being married for the last 10 years to a person who was so much like me, that is was like looking in the mirror and seeing myself for the first time. I did not like what I saw and decided I must change and made that change. I am only sorry that it took so long and I am truly sorry for the people around me that were subjected to my behavior. I contacted some of those people and apologized to them. Some of them were receptive and some were not. The biggest regret I have is that my mother passed away before I came to this realization and I never got to apologize to her.

It was difficult for me to accept the mistakes I made but I finally learned from them and moved on. The result for me being a productive and pleasant life.

Copyright © 2007 Sylvia A. Feeley All Rights Reserved

No comments: